Big Bear Lake Summer in Paradise!
Big Bear Lake beckons to provide wonderful outdoor experiences, endless activities and incredible dining. As we reach the peak of summer, your timing is perfect to consider a memorable day visit, a spectacular weekend or a delightful one week vacation in our fully accessible mountain community. There truly is a something for everyone in Big Bear Lake to thoroughly enjoy.
Making your reservations for a getaway to Big Bear Lake is a pleasant surprise given the wide range of lodging opportunities options. You can live like a local resident by renting one of our 1,400 Private Home Rentals. Or enjoy all the comforts of life with a full service hotel room or suite. If sleeping under the stars sounds intriguing, some of the finest campgrounds in California are located nearby. And finally, what would be better for a romantic weekend than a stay one of our award-winning Bed & Breakfast inns!
A small sampling of our resort community’s offering are provided below and contained on our local website: http://www.bigbear.com
- Beautiful View Sites: picnic or kayak at Boulder Bay Park’s Majestic Rock in the Lake; ride the Scenic Sky chair on your way to a great outdoor lunch at 8,000 feet; hike up to breathtaking views on Castle Rock, walk through the rare Pebble Plain natural botanical preserve
- Open Air Big Bear’s Athletic Endeavors: Tour de Big Bear 25 to 100 mile Road Cycling races (August 1); Big Bear Yoga Festival (August 21-23); Northshore Half Marathon/10k/5k (October 3)
- Bicycles, Road Cycling and Mountain biking – Toddlers enjoy the new Knickerbocker Creek Trail. Families of all ages gravitate to the Alpine Peddle Path. Recreational and competitive road cyclist have a full slate of options ranging from weekly community bike rides to the annual Tour de Big Bear race. And finally, serious mountain biking has blossomed with numerous beginner trails to advanced single track trails near and around Snow Summit Ski Resort.
- Events for all ages and interests: Antique Classic Car Fun Run competitive show (August 7-8) with over 500 vintage & classic cars: Big Bear Airport Air Faire (August 15) with every type of aircraft from Piper Cubs, to Warbirds to the most contemporary aircraft.
- Lake activities and fishing competitions – enjoy a day at one of several full service marinas renting all forms of motorized and non-motorized vessels, and providing tour boats for all ages. Learn the best kept secrets to catching bass and trout with one of our expert fishing guides. And use your skills to compete in the Aaron’s Big Bear Lake Fishing Tournament (August 22).
- Music - Big Bear Discovery Center Outdoor Amphitheater, The Cave Entertainment Center, and Wyatt’s Saloon at the Convention Center offer a diversity of genres ranging from Rock and Jazz to Country orAlternative Music.
- Art - the full spectrum of art is on exhibit, or in the upcoming weekend shows: Art on the Lake (August 22-23) and Art on the Corner over Labor Day weekend.
I hope you take the opportunity to learn more about Big Bear Lake when you visit. Visitor information is provided daily at the Big Bear Visitors’ Center located in the Village at 630 Bartlett Road, Big Bear Lake 92315, or call 909.866.7000.
Best wishes for your upcoming visit to Paradise!