The City of Big Bear Lake provides snow removal and berm reduction services for City residents only. When the City declares snow conditions, residents should keep the following in mind:
- Always park vehicles OFF the road or street right-of-way (non-compliance could result in a $150 fine & tow)
- Shovel snow in driveways to the right side (as you face the road)
- Keep roads clear of all snow tools & devices used for shoveling
- Place garbage cans behind property line & berm when setting out for pick-up
- Mark driveway entrances with specially marked snow poles
- Keep small children inside when snow equipment is in your neighborhood
- Mark fences with 6' x 2" x 2" stakes, painted red at the top
- Whenever possible, wait to clear driveways until snowplow has passed
- Do not let children build igloos or caves in the snow banks near streets
If you are not a resident in the City of Big Bear Lake, the following is a list of local #'s to assist you in obtaining snow removal or plowing information in your area*:
- Big Bear City or Fawnskin, call (909) 866-2167.
- Baldwin Lake, Erwin Lake and Sugarloaf, call (909) 387-5940.
- State Highway Information, call CalTRANS at (909) 866-4316.
* please note the City of Big Bear Lake cannot be responsible for any outdated information or changes in numbers for other agencies