The Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority (MARTA) is the primary public transportation provider on the mountain-top, providing local and off-the-mountain bus service to the Big Bear Valley, Running Springs, Lake Arrowhead, Crestline and San Bernardino. The agency operates both fixed route and demand-response services (Dial-A-Ride).
Visit MARTA’s website at www.marta.cc
For more information please call Monday-Sunday, 5:30am-7:00pm:
Big Bear Transit Office
Service may be limited or cancelled due to inclement weather conditions. MARTA’s office can provide bus status and service information.
*If you need to schedule an appointment for Dial-a-Ride or OTM pickup, please call the appropriate office listed above.
Appointments cannot be made via email.
Days of Operation
Service operates Monday-Sunday year round except on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Schedules vary by route. Consult respective schedules for exact days and hours of operation.
Planning a Trip to Big Bear?
Get from one location to another with Transtar or Metro Trip Planner. Need information about how to find a carpool partner, vanpools, or on-line routing for buses or trains, Park & Ride lots, carpool lanes and more -- click on "My Commute" at CommuteSmart.Info.
Rules To Ride By
(For the Safety and Comfort of All Passengers)
- No drinking or eating on MARTA buses.
- A passenger may not bring more carry-on baggage than can be easily handled by the passenger, and no more than four total.
- All animals must be in an approved pet carrier. Passenger is limited to two pet carriers. An approved pet carrier is a device commercially manufactured and designed to secure pets.
- All carry-on items (bags or pet carriers) must be placed under the passenger's seat or in the passenger's lap. Carry-on items may not take up additional passenger seating or be placed in the aisle.
- No smoking in or around MARTA buses, facilities, or waiting lines.
- No hazardous materials allowed on MARTA buses.
- No radios or tape players without the use of headphones, and they must be kept at a volume that can not be heard by nearby passengers.
- Use of profane language, harassment of the operator or other passengers will not be tolerated and can be cause for immediate discharge from the bus and permanent loss of riding privileges.
- Operators will pick up and drop off at approved locations only. Locations may be altered due to construction, weather conditions, or other safety related issues.
- Since watches can vary, passengers should be at the bus stop at least five minutes prior to published bus departures.