The Moonridge Corridor Improvement project was envisioned in the May 2017 Rathbun Corridor Sustainability Plan and this project is the implementation of that vision. The project area is located along the segment of Moonridge Road, from Elm St. to Club View Dr., known as the Moonridge Corridor, which is the area’s economic center.
The proposed project improves the existing street pavement, drainage conditions, sidewalks, lighting, and landscaping along the Moonridge Corridor. In addition, it will construct bicycle lanes, two (2) traffic calming roundabouts, and pedestrian crosswalks along Moonridge Road.
This project will begin in July 2021 and will be constructed over two construction seasons with completion by Fall 2022. No work will take place between October 2021 and April 2022 to accommodate winter weather. Final project phasing will be coordinated with the selected contractor and staff is anticipating the following progression of improvements:
- Phase 1, July 2021 – October 2021: Mobilization, underground improvements including drainage construction, and water line relocations.
- Phase 2, April 2022 – October 2022: Demolition of street sections and sidewalks and construction of all improvements including sidewalk, bike lanes, medians, roundabouts, street pavement, and all other related work.
How will I be affected?
- Traffic control will be in place at all times to ensure the safety of the personnel and visitors in the area.
- Partial road closures may be implemented but access to businesses and residential properties in the area will remain. Motorists should expect delays in the area.
- The utility work may require intermittent disruptions to utility services. These disruptions will be kept to a minimum and all residents and businesses will be notified in advance.