The Planning Commission is a five-member advisory body all of whom are required to be residents of the City of Big Bear Lake. The Planning Commission is appointed by City Council for four-year terms. The City's Planning Division provides staff support to the Planning Commission, under the direction of the Director of Community Development. For detailed information on Planning Commission Administrative Regulations, click HERE.
Planning Commission meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays of every month at 1:15 p.m. at the Civic Center, located at 39707 Big Bear Lake Blvd.
PLANNING COMMISSION CORE DUTIES
- Advises the City Council on development agreements, master development plans, and specific plans
- Advises the City Council on development code amendments and zoning map amendments
- Approves conditional use permits
- Approves Special Events within the City limits
- Reviews and receives public input on the general plan and implements it through the administration of specific plans, zoning, and subdivision ordinances
- Reviews capital improvement programs for consistency with the general plan
PC Agenda Archive PC Minutes Archive PC Meeting Video Archive Public Hearing Notices
JOIN THE PLANNING COMMISSION!
In compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, Government Code Section 54972, please visit the Council and Commissioners Transparency Page to access the City's Local Appointment list and current vacancies. To be eligible for appointment to the Planning Commission, a person must:
- be a resident of the City of Big Bear Lake
- be a registered voter in the City of Big Bear lake